When about two months ago my hitherto web space provider (I was so lucky to have a reseller account for free) returned his server, I had to seek a new home for my websites.
After a long quest, inter alia using Hostjury and Webhostingtalk to find a good new one, I decided in favour of MadGenius [Disclosure: Affiliate-Link]. And, indeed, as I had read, they provide quite a good service, even enabled a certain option, the possibility to switch off statistics for my German websites, especially for me, and the support is friendly, polite and helpful.
So I decided to move my blog, too.
I had hosted it with Hostingsociety before, a fully functional German free space provider without advertising on one’s site, and I still do like them, but for security reasons they had disabled a certain option (fsockopen() ) I prefer using.
After my move I finally could connect to Jetpack and use a couple of other (also: plugin) functionalities I could not before.
When reestablishing my blog, I encountered a few problems the solution of which I was glad to have documented before here. In addition, I will document solutions to a few further challenges in a follow-up article here.
Pingback: A few problems one might encounter when installing, reinstalling or moving a WordPress blog with plugins - Reflections of a Poet